Sunday, February 22, 2015

Progress

The house is painted! 
Well the outside anyway, and I must say it looks pretty good. There is some renovation to do on the trellis in the yard which was much more badly rotted than I though. In fact  I wonder how it was still standing with 2 of the corner posts all but gone.

The rest of the place needs to be as good.

We actually got the entire back bedroom cleared out, then we moved stuff out of the office/bedroom to start cleaning that out and cluttered the back bedroom again! Still the office/bedroom is major league clutter, and this morning's 30 minutes produced a half truck load of donations to Goodwill. The recycle, trash and yard waste cans were stuffed to overflowing this week too. In fact the yard waste will be full again tomorrow when I put the stuff that's presently piled up on the lawn into it.

Unfortunately the shredder we've had for a couple of years died under the workload we put on it. Barb says that the Goodwill store will shred stuff for us so we'll have to put together another load for them!

As we get more stuff ready to go, the less we want to do yard sales. Most stuff now goes on Craigslist or E-Bay. You usually get decent prices on stuff that sells on those 2 sites whereas yard sale customers want everything for $1.

I just worked out that in 12 days I can apply for Social Security and Medicare! Barbara has already applied for hers and is getting a UK pension. I've applied for a UK pension already.

In 2 weeks we will be at our first big RV Rally "Escapade" in Tuscon Arizona. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve, I can hardly wait. The list of seminars is HUGE and there are all kinds of entertainments going on. Then we'll be meeting new and not so new friends with a common interest in RV'ing and full timing. I really must take lots of pictures, that's what is lacking here in the Blog lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment