Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Wintertime Paintings and Drawings

I fill my time during our winter break by catching up on all the artwork that has been building up in my head during the summer. I am always taking photographs which can be the basis of some of my art. I also paint live in the open, which the art world calls "Plein Air" and at an "Open Studio" with live models to draw and paint, known as "Life" painting.

Once settled in for the winter I start looking around for the local art groups. Last season it was the Leesburg Art Association, Winter Garden Art Association and a little informal group I started in Holiday Travel RV Park. This winter it's the Sundance RV Park art group, Casa Grande Art Association, Intercommunity Art and Crafts and Arizona Plein Air Painters who have grabbed my time.

Here's a sample of some of the drawings and paintings I've managed to do with all these other fine artists. 

Watercolor Plein Air Picacho Peak

Watercolor Plein Air View from Picacho Peak

Pencil on paper

Pencil on paper

Watercolor from photograph

Oil and acrylic on canvas from photograph

Watercolor Plein Air 

Watercolor Plein Air 

Oil on canvas from photograph

Oil on canvas fromphotograph

Watercolor from the same photograph

Watercolor Life painting on cheap paper! 

The figure paintings were done quickly on non watercolor paper, that's why they are wrinkly!!


Colored pencil on paper from photograph

Watercolor Life painting

Watercolor Life painting

Pencil sketch Life Open Studio

Watercolor Life painting

Pencil from photographs
(Incidentally this gentleman was my high school art teacher and he also taught me to fly!)

Watercolor from photograph

Colored pencil from photograph

Oil on canvas from photograph

Oil on canvas from photograph.


No comments:

Post a Comment